online marketing UFO: UFO Sightings - June 13, 2013
Choose Category Below                                                                       

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

UFO Sightings - June 13, 2013

What: Filipino Television Producer
When: June 13, 2013
Where: Hollywood, USA

For our UFO Sighting for today, June 13, 2013, we go to Hollywood, USA.

From being a waiter to a successful television producer, Filipino-American Marc Nicolas related how he made his Hollywood dream come true.

For the second time in two years, Nicolas can add Emmy-nominated TV producer to his growing list of achievements.

Nicolas is one of the producers of the popular CBS TV show "The Talk" which is nominated in five categories at the 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards which will be held on June 17.

Nicolas and his family immigrated from the Philippines when he was four years old.

"I'm the only Filipino producer in The Talk and also the only Filipino worker on The Talk as well," he said.

Before pursuing his Hollywood dream in 2005, Nicolas worked as a pharmacist assistant and as a restaurant cocktail server. His first big break was as a guest recruiter for "The Tyra Banks Show."

Though working in Hollywood was challenging, his parents Teresita and Marianito Nicolas encouraged him to go after his passion.

"When I got to America, I remember when I was seven years old, like I was watching the Brady Bunch and you know the rolling credits at the end? I was like, Mama, I want to see my name and I want you to see my name someday," he said.

He said it made him feel fulfilled that his mom saw their dream come true before she passed away.

"I will never ever, ever change anything about my life, my challenges," he said.

Representing the Filipino community well in Hollywood through hard work is important for Nicolas.

He gives advice to those dreaming of career here to "always be a hard worker. Just because you work with celebrities don't think you're above them. Don't think you're above anybody."

by Yong Chavez, ABS-CBN North America Bureau

No comments:

Post a Comment